LITCHFIELD POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICE OFFICER -FULL TIME
SIGN ON BONUS
$5,000 for Certified Officers*
SALARY and Benefits: Ranges from $25.18 per hour to $35.20 per hour, depending on experience. Nine paid holidays, Medical, Dental and Life insurance as well as accrual of earned time. Full uniform and equipment provided by the department with annual clothing allowance.
The Litchfield Police Department mission is to remain diligently prepared, always demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, and to embrace community policing practices as we honorably serve the citizens of Litchfield. We are currently seeking to fill the position of certified full time Police Officer. We are seeking career and community oriented individuals who desire to be part of a professional and progressive department. Applicants should embrace and embody the qualities highlighted in our mission statement. New Hampshire full time certified Police Officers are preferred, however all are encouraged to apply. A test date will follow if necessary.
*Bonus contingent upon successful completion of the hiring process
- Create and maintain a feeling of safety and security within the community.
- Facilitate safe movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic as well as enforcement of traffic laws.
- Promote and preserve the peace at public gatherings, neighborhood disputes and family quarrels.
- Investigate crimes against persons and property.
- Provide any required services on an emergency basis.
- Accurately record information concerning activity and events handled during the tour of duty, including the securing, recording, and proper transporting of all evidence and property coming into the Department.
- Maintain weapons and equipment in a functional, presentable condition at all times.
- Respond promptly to all calls and assignments.
- Serve or deliver warrants, summonses, subpoenas and other official papers promptly and accurately when so directed.
Applicants must be able to meet the minimum qualifications for certification as set forth by the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council. Applicants who are NH Certified Police Officers are preferred. Applicants must be knowledgeable in the techniques and practices of law enforcement and have knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, related to the regular practice of law enforcement. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, understand and follow administrative direction, and work effectively with superiors, other Town employees and the general public.
Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of hire, possess a valid driver’s license. They must also have a high school diploma or equivalent. All applicants must be able to pass a written exam, oral board, background as well as physical and psychological examination.
(This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.)
A Litchfield Police Department specific application may be obtained in person at the Police Department or click here for an online application and need to be submitted to:
Litchfield Police Department
2 Liberty Way
Litchfield, New Hampshire 03052
The positions will remain open until a satisfactory list is compiled or the positions are filled. For further questions or information contact Captain Thomas Scotti at 603-424-4047.
Written exam and PT test will occur on October 10, 2020 at the Campbell High School. The dress code for exam and PT test is PT gear.